NYC Love Kitchen is happy to receive donations from across the food industry. We obtain food from manufacturers, produce growers and packers, distributors and wholesalers, grocery stores, as well as community food drives.
If you are an individual who wishes to donate food, learn more on our Food & Fund Drives page.
FOODS WE ACCEPT
We accept food that is in its original packaging, unopened and within our food code date/extension guidelines. We accept whole, fresh produce without significant decay.
FOODS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
• Vitamins and nutritional aids
• Pet food
• Baby formula
• Bulk products that are unlabeled for ingredients and allergens
• Foods that were not kept at the appropriate temperatures
• Mixed food and perishables from catered events
• Restaurant food
• Foods intended for raw consumption (sushi or seafood)
• Canned goods that are open, punctured, bulging or seriously damaged
• Home prepared, home canned or home jarred products
• Items that contain alcohol or have alcohol in the product name